What are the Best Ukulele Courses Online in 2021?
On this page, you’ll find
…only the best Ukulele Courses. We’ll save you from the hassle that is searching through hundreds of pages, looking at similar courses, comparing prices, and more, only to realize you don’t know which one is right. Get the right handpicked Ukulele Course from the get-go!
Best Ukulele Courses online – The Basics
For every uke enthusiast out there, there’s a course waiting to teach you everything you need to know about how to play a uke.
But, of course, you probably understand the numerous issues that come attached to just that sentence above. We’ll illustrate the main three:
1 # – There are tons of ukulele courses out there!
We could say that there is at least one course per enthusiast – maybe that’s too much, or too little, but it’s an estimate that illustrates just how many there can be.
And, of course, it’s easy to get lost in a sea of courses and teachers!
2 # – Not all of them are good enough
Sincerely, we support all the people who want to have a good influence and shine another light in the ukulele world through sharing their knowledge.
With that being said, and the following statement is not just an assumption, not all of them can be good.
We’d say the percentage of ukulele courses that can actually satisfy your learning needs fully are only 5% – or less – of all the courses available, and that says a lot.
3 # – Not all of them are worth the investment
Taking into account the last point, we know for sure that roughly 95% of the courses you can find online are not worth the investment.
That’s a quite sad statement, but it helps to separate excellence from the just-ok courses out there.
We believe you can learn with just-ok courses if you dedicate your time, patience, and full attention to them – the information is out there, for free, anyhow.
However, the courses we’ve picked are part of that excellent 5%, and they can help you optimize incredibly the efficiency and pace at which you can learn to play the uke.
Now that you know this, let’s get started with our review of the best ukulele courses you can invest your money in, and start reaping the benefits from day one!
Comparison Table – Best Ukulele Courses Online
Last update on 2021-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Overall Ukulele Course – Uke Like the Pros
Many things leave Uke Like the Pros at the top of every course list and review you can find out there.
Actually, the benefits are way too many, and you can only learn them when you utilize their course – still, we’ll try our best to resume them here.
The most noticeable benefits of this course are:
- Outstanding teaching ability from the master, the uke Jedi: Terry Carter.
- Amazing video lesson quality – the value of production for this course is, in one word, incredible.
- You can use it from any device you want without losing quality.
- The learning progression is impeccable and fun – if you get bored, we know it’s you, not the course.
- It’s not at all that expensive and has different price ranges per monthly subscription, just one month, and a great price for the full year.
- It’s the most used course out there, which also makes it the one with the strongest, funniest, friendliest, and most rewarding community you can be part of.
- You can learn different songs using their specialized methods and amazing explanations, and even learn to create new ones.
- You can go from beginner to advanced musician just with this course thanks to its amazing modules per level.
- You can learn how to fingerpick!
- And finally, it offers a free trial, which allows you to find out all of this for yourself!
As we said, all of this is just a glimpse of the many benefits of the course. Check out that 7-day trial and find out if it’s the one for you – although we know it is the best one you can get anyhow!
- This course can get you from beginner to advanced musician in a way that’s fun, easy to understand, and efficient.
- It has the best community around it – and a very active one that works as social media, but strictly for uke stuff, and maybe a few memes.
- The quality of the video lessons and resources is amazing, and you can learn from any device you pick.
- It’s not expensive, and you have different payment options, depending on how much you want to pay and for how long. We highly recommend that you pay for the whole year if you have the money and are willing to practice constantly!
- This course is near perfect – and although we know there must be a flaw somewhere, we couldn’t find it!
Best Budget Ukulele Course – Rocket Ukulele
Rocket ukulele is by far the best budget ukulele that can get you far – you can even get to an advanced level.
When we were researching this one, we were rather surprised because its website looks like it was made before 2005.
Even so, this shady landing page is just the cover – the goodies are worth it once you open the book:
- You’ll get a lifetime membership – come back any time to refresh your knowledge.
- The online video lessons can get you to intermediate and advanced – the latter if you’re a really good student.
- Results are pretty fast – if you dedicated yourself to learn at least three lessons per day, you could finish the course in a month, being an intermediate/advanced player by the end.
- It has a money-back guarantee under certain conditions.
- The video quality of the lessons is great!
Even though this is the budget pick, we think it’s an amazing budget pick.
We highly recommend this course for hobbyists who want to learn the right amount, without necessarily becoming advanced or pro players.
The downside of this course? Well, it is a shady business – but just on the outside.
They need to invest in some marketing and graphic design, for uke’s sake!
- Great course for beginner hobbyists – it can get you up to advanced with a ton of practice.
- It’s very flexible and intuitive – lessons are really easy to understand and master.
- The lifetime membership is totally worth it, mostly because it’s cheap, and the course masters are always adding more and more content.
- It has a really bad landing page – but that’s just an aesthetic issue, it’s a pretty great course.
Best Uke Course for Brief Learning/Hobbyists – Ukulele Buddy
Ukulele Buddy is the perfect course for weekend learners and hobbyists.
We like this course because it gets the job – improving your skill – done.
Here are the main advantages of this course:
- It’s brief – you can learn and improve your skills in a cumulative record time of 10 hours.
- It also comes with other resources, like e-books, to complement what the course offers.
- The video quality is very good, which improves the value of the course.
- It offers a lifetime membership, which can be helpful to refresh your skill from time to time.
- It’s not that expensive.
There are a couple of things we don’t like about this course.
First, the course focuses mainly on skills and technique, with little to no room for musical theory.
And second, it’s not the most valuable course out there because the lesson count is under 90!
We recommend this course mostly for hobbyists and people who can dedicate only about 30 minutes per week.
Because it was exactly made that type of uke player – and it does an amazing job satisfying that side of the market.
- Great course to learn songs, technique, and improve your skill.
- It offers a very quick learning path – you can progress as fast as you want, too.
- Its price is great and you get a lifetime membership.
- It doesn’t teach musical theory at all – it’s like teaching you to see with one eye closed.
- Other courses with more lessons – like the budget pick – are slightly more valuable.
Frequently Asked Questions – Ukuleles Courses
Yes, we were self-taught to an extent – but a guide is always good to have.
If you plan to learn alone, we encourage you to find a balance between musical theory, technique, and, well, songs to play.
If you follow that path, you’ll even be able to write your own tabs and songs eventually!
We recommend you to check out YouTube, as there are some amazing free lessons that can get you started.
However, keep in mind that there’s a cap on how much you can learn without guidance.
That’s because just about every lesson you can find for free is only introductory in nature, so you’ll be left halfway through with all of them.
If you really want to get started in the best possible way, we highly recommend you to check out the standard membership of Uke Like the Pros, which is pretty affordable, and will streamline your learning!
Check out our full review of Uke Like the Pros to learn more.
Not at all! It’s a very simple instrument that has been used across the world to teach music to children.
Plus, when you want to learn, nothing is difficult enough!
Well, honestly, you can, but it’s way easier if you have one.
You can focus on theory, and start improving your skill and technique once you get one – that’s actually an excellent approach to learning.
We know courses can be a salvation or a curse, depending directly on the quality of the one you pick.
And, that’s exactly why we think it was important for us to write this guide for you.
We have always known that it’s not about the course itself, it’s more about the student – if you’re willing to learn and pursue knowledge in any specific topic, any source will do.
That’s why we put so much emphasis on letting you know that it’s not about putting down other courses, as we said in the intro.
Each one of them can show you what you need to know if you’re really paying attention.
Keep in mind that it’s more about showing you the path of least resistance, which is always good to have, and will surely make learning easier.
Why do we know this is true?
Well, while we were learning, we were lured away from our learning path, mostly because of small, but annoying-enough difficulties that arose along the way.
Bad quality audio, poor quality video lessons, overpriced ukulele courses, poorly planned teaching methods, and so on.
Yet, we couldn’t stop practicing because the investment was already done, and we were not going to see it again anyhow.
We know that those difficulties can arise for anyone and want to avoid you from suffering what we had to endure ourselves!
So, to know whether you need these courses, or not, ask yourself:Is your current course or learning method the path of least resistance?